70 Years in the Making: Join American Heritage in Celebrating our 70th Anniversary
Guess who turned 70 years old in 2018? That’s right. This year, American Heritage Credit Union is celebrating 70 years of history, milestones, and achievements. And while we’re happy to be in the company of so many others who are turning 70 this year (we see you Elton John, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Ferrari, and Larry David), we’re especially excited to share this celebration with our members and the greater Philadelphia community.
As of January 14, 2018, we welcomed our 70th year with open arms and lots of celebrating—and the party is just getting started. To commemorate this anniversary the best way we know how, we’ll be celebrating all year-long and hope that you can celebrate with us.
70 Years Worth Celebrating: A Quick Look at Historic Milestones
As a Philadelphia-based credit union, American Heritage Credit Union has remained committed to treating our members like family and our communities like home over the past 70 years. Since we opened our doors in 1948, we have continued to grow our credit union, while also giving back to our members and the community. That’s why, we are especially proud of the below accolades, which include some of our most recent highlights from our 70 year timeline.
- Giving Back: Through our Kids-N-Hope Foundation, American Heritage Credit Union has donated more than $1.3 million to CHOP, the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, among other causes
- Branch Expansion: In order to best serve our members in the areas where they live and work, we have extended our branch footprint to include 35 branches, with more coming in 2018.
- Continued Growth: In 2017, we crossed the $2 billion asset growth mark, now making us the 116th largest credit union in the United States
If you’re interested in viewing more milestones from our timeline, please check out this video.
A Year-Long Party: 70 Acts of Celebration
To commemorate our 70th year anniversary, American Heritage Credit Union recently kicked off 70 Acts of Celebration, an initiative that was inspired by our commitment to give back to our members and our community. Below are few examples of the 70 Acts of Celebration that will take place throughout the year. In addition, we will be including information on these 70 acts on our events page.
- 20 College Scholarships
- Adopt-A-Family Committee Events
- Adopt-A-Highway Events
- American Revolution Museum Tickets
- AMHFCU Birthday Party
- AMHFCU goes green at the Phillies
- Biz Kids Expeditions
- Blood Drive
- Books for Kids
- Busia Committee Events
- Car Show
- Crafts for Kids at CHOP
- Doggie Walk
- Gelatin Olympics
- Golf Outing
- Grand Illumination
- Holiday Food Drive
- Member Appreciation Day
- Pictures with Santa
- Ronald McDonald House Dinners
- Seminars throughout the year
- Shredder Event
- Trunk-or-Treat Events
Cash Prizes? Yes, Please: 70th Anniversary Sweepstakes
To say that we’re in the giving-back mood this year, may be an understatement. Hence, in addition to our 70 Acts of Celebration, American Heritage Credit Union also recently introduced our 70th Anniversary Sweepstakes, where members can be entered to win one of seven monthly $1,000 cash prizes when they borrow or open on a variety of services, including:
- Open a new Loan or MasterCard of $1,000 or more
- Open a new Primary Share Account
- Open a new Checking Account
- Open a new CD of $1,000 or more
- Open a new Money Market Account
- Enroll in OnLine/ Mobile Teller
- Enroll in Bill Pay and pay your first bill
- Enroll in eStatements
These $1,000 Cash Prizes will be given away January thru October 2018 and you can learn more about the 70th Anniversary Sweepstakes here.
Big Plans in 2018? Let Us Help. A Look at 70 Years of Loans
While we love celebrating our 70 years through events and sweepstakes, what makes us the most excited is helping our members achieve their goals and dreams. From buying your first home to purchasing a new car, we strive day in and day out to help make those dreams a reality.
Over the past 70 years, we have provided competitive rates on loans, with affordable payments and flexible terms, including:
- Auto Loans: With rates as low at 1.99 APR*, we make it easy to get behind the wheel of the car you want with an auto loan, and also offer members our full-service Auto Center and Mechanical Repair Coverage.
- Home Mortgages: Whether you a looking to add an addition to make room for a nursery or are buying your first home, American Heritage Credit Union offers a range of mortgage options including:
- Fixed Rate Mortgages and Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- FHA, VA, USDA, PHFA Mortgage Loans
- FREE Pre-Approvals
- Construction Loans
- Home Improvement Loans
As a not-for-profit business, we are focused on one goal: to help members meet their financial needs, while helping to improve their lives, and are proud that we’ve been able to deliver on this goal for the past 70 years.
If you’re interested in learning more about our 70 years in the making, or want to consider your options for an auto loan or mortgage, please contact our team today.